These are amazing feats which would not have been possible without the strides that came by genius minds before us. We should not forget all those that went beyond just the "wow" and turned it into "how." Those that used sound reasoning and created the science and mathematics methods we use today are truly the giants upon whose shoulders we sit.
With all we have accomplished, the future is brighter still. We are close to sending humans to Mars. We are constantly finding new ways to battle numerous types of cancer. We have genetically modified food to grow bigger, last longer, have more (or less) nutrition. We are traversing the depths of the oceans and discovering creatures we thought only existed in our imaginations. Our possibilities are endless, and the future is exciting.
Even so, there exists a fringe group of evangelical Christians that would rather hold us back and waste our time and money trying to disprove what is nearly unanimously agreed upon by scientists: that our planet is about 4.6 billion years old, that evolution by natural selection is not to be disputed but understood and researched, that dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago and many other theories and laws.
These people, some of whom have advanced degrees in mathematics, astrophysics, biology, engineering and geological engineering among others, use bits and pieces of science to further their cause while ignoring every other piece of evidence. They use circular reasoning, stating what they say must be true because the Bible says so, while claiming "secular scientists" do the same. They call anybody that does not subscribe to their worldview an "evolutionist."
This page has been built and paid for by me, a guy with no advanced educational degrees. Heck, I don't even write well most of the time. But ya know, I don't think that's a bad thing. After all, many of us don't truly understand astrophysics and evolution when scientists explain them. I hope my writing increases understanding. I hope you enjoy reading it. I hope it gets better. I hope we are able to show these people for what they truly are: shams. Thank you for coming to my site.
No comments:
Post a Comment